Thursday, January 30, 2014

The deadline looms...

as I slog towards completing my manuscript.  Also, I finally started sparring and rolling again, which led to this: 

Those are my janky feet on the top.  And this morning I realize I cracked another toenail.  O, grappling.

After dissertating (did you know that was a verb?) last year, and book writing this year, I have become mildly proficient and bull-shiting my way through pages of words.  At this point, I have one month until I start teaching at the university again, and four months until my book is due.  So I continue to write and research, as well as train and run the gym.  BUT...

I am regularly contributing to FIGHTLAND now.  Check out my articles, all of which tend to have some sort of historical slant, here:  http://fightland.vice.com/author/la-jennings

1 comment:

slideyfoot said...

Cool! I'm excited to hear your book is almost ready: very much looking forward to reading it. :D