Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Gina Carano's Haywire Red Carpet Fashion


Photo: Zimbio
Today's post combines two of my favorite things:  red carpet fashion and women's MMA.  Now it's true that Gina is no longer competing in MMA, but she was once 'The Face' of the growing sport, so let's pay homegirl some respect.  As she goes forth promoting her new film, Haywire, which has an astonishing cast of male Hollywood stars, including the gorgeous Michael Fasssbender and the indescribably perfect Ewan McGregor.  I'll probably review the film at some point, but for now, let's put on our bitchy fashion caps and critique Miss Thing's red carpet appearance.



Photo: Zimbio
Photo:  Style.com



















Gina hit the red carpet in a Monique Lhullier Fall 2011 black lace gown.  I think Gina looks far better than the model; the dress is meant for someone with curves and the picture on the right is in desperate need of someone to fill it out.  I love the sweetheart neckline on her although I think the straps may have needed to be a tad bit looser; it looks like it is pulling a bit on the shoulders. 
Photo:  Zimbio
The back...y'all how gorgeous is the back of this dress? Although again, I think it is a wee too snug, I adore this athletic yet sophisticated back.  But the details?

Photo:  Zimbio
 I love the braided fabrication of the straps, which extend to wrap around her waist. 

Photo:  Zimbio
The hair and make-up are straight-up gorgeous!  Gina has a very strong face, so I'm glad she put her hair up.  Although it is a bit reminiscent of a post-workout doo, I like the height of the hair.  Perhaps a bit more polished would have been appropriate, if for nothing else than to remind everyone that she is an actress now and (sadly) not a cage fighter.  I love, love, love her make-up.  If she had gone with a more vampy red-lip, I think it would have put her in costume mode.  For now, she looks like a movie star.

Photo:  Zimbio
Speaking of movie stars, how nice is it to see a woman with muscle and curves on the red carpet after decades of scrawny limbs and bony shoulders.  I love seeing her delight and slight embarrassment as Chatum Tanning admires her. 


The Verdict:
Well done, Gina!  For her first big red-carpet appearance, homegirl looks gorgeous!  I am going to try to follow the remainder of her Haywire press tour to check out her fashion.  Keep it up girlfriend.

No comments: